Kaweah Delta Mental Health Hospital
Mental Illness Treatment in Tulare County
Welcome to Kaweah Delta Mental Health Hospital. When mental illness interferes with day-to-day life, work or family, help is available at Kaweah Delta Mental Health Hospital, 1100 S. Akers St., Visalia, California. Our hospital is a 63-bed licensed inpatient unit providing acute psychiatric care for adults experiencing serious mental health issues. Since early 2000, our hospital has been a regional provider of high-quality adult acute inpatient crisis intervention and medication stabilization psychiatric services.
Quicks facts about the mental health hospital:
- Patient age: 18 and above
- Average Daily Census: 47
- Average Length of Stay: 8 days
- Common Diagnoses: Schizophrenia, schizoaffective bipolar, major depression, anxiety disorder, and psychosis.
Kaweah Delta Mental Health Hospital offers adult acute inpatient crisis intervention and medication stabilization services for the underserved in California's Central Valley.
The following multi-disciplinary programs and services are available:
- Psychiatric Assessment and Referral Services: This team consists of mental health professionals who perform assessments to determine inpatient admission criteria and provide information concerning treatment options and resources in the area.
- Acute Inpatient Adult Program Designed to treat clients with mental illness requiring acute inpatient care.
- Consult and Liaison Services
Adult Acute Inpatient Unit
This unit Provides care for people ages 18 and older with diagnosed mental disorders whose symptoms cannot be treated in non-acute settings.
This unit is designed for the health and safety of mental health patients:
- Locked units provide a safe and secure therapeutic treatment environment
- Three separate wings offer care appropriate to patients level of function
- Patients are medically cleared prior to admission
- Patients receive care of mental conditions from experienced psychiatrists
- Patients receive care from an experienced multi-disciplinary team of nurses, doctors, residents, recreational therapists, social workers, case managers, mental health workers and health unit coordinators
Consult Liaison Service
Our consult liaison service consists of psychiatrists who consult daily with inpatients experiencing mental health issues at Kaweah Delta Medical Center downtown, as well as South and West campuses.
About Our Mental Health Facility
In the late 1990s, Kaweah Delta Mental Health Hospital was purchased by Kaweah Delta Health Care District, a licensed public nonprofit healthcare organization. Since early 2000, our hospital has been a regional provider of high-quality adult acute inpatient crisis intervention and medication stabilization psychiatric services.
To access any of our programs or request additional information, please contact Kaweah Delta Mental Health Hospital at (559) 624-3300 or fax (559) 635-4127.