Pediatric Care in Tulare County
Kaweah Delta's Renowned Child Health Services
When children are not feeling well, we help them get better at Kaweah Delta Medical Center. With a 12-bed pediatric unit on site, we offer growing families in our community the very finest in health care for their children, from birth through adolescence.
Our pediatric unit is located on the third floor on the east side of Kaweah Delta Medical Center. To enter our pediatric unit, take the elevators just north of the entrance to Kaweah Delta Medical Center's Mineral King Wing located at 400 W. Mineral King Ave. Our unit is located just north of the elevators on the right side of the hallway; please use the call box to notify our nursing staff that you have arrived.
Our visiting policy:
- Visiting Hours: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., daily
- Parents or a patient's designed caregiver are issued two orange visitor badges which allow them to visit 24 hours a day (after 9 p.m. orange badges are required for readmission). They are encouraged to stay with the child and take an active role in their care.
Additional visitors may enter the unit with the following considerations:
- Visits occur before 9 p.m.
- For infection prevention, visitation for patients in isolation may be limited at the nurse's discretion.
- Children under the age of 13 are permitted to visit pediatrics, but must stay in the patient's room (except during respiratory and flu season)
- During respiratory and flu season (Oct. 1-March 31 unless otherwise advised) children under the age of 13 are not permitted.
A pediatric hospitalist is a pediatrician who works primarily in the hospital. Our staff understands and connects with children in a way that they can understand and that families can appreciate. It all happens under the watchful eye of pediatric hospitalists, who are in-house and readily available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week thanks to our pediatric hospitalist program.
As a result of continued grant funding from First 5 Tulare County since 2003, children have access to excellent health care services at Kaweah Delta inside our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and our Pediatric Unit.
A Better Stay With Play
What would a pediatric unit be without a 24-hour-a-day playroom? Our playroom is stocked with everything from toys to books thanks to generous donations and community support. To make our patients feel at home, and their families feel welcome, our rooms are equipped with bench seats and refrigerators for visiting families.