For one-on-one assistance with breastfeeding, please call 559- 624-6012.
Located at 400 W. Mineral King, Visalia, CA -- Mother Baby Unit, 3rd floor
of the Acequia Wing
- Latch difficulties
- Slow weight gain
- Baby not regained birth weight at 2 weeks
- Sore nipples
- Decrease in milk supply
- Severe engorgement
- Free Weight checks
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommend exclusive breastfeeding for
at least the first 6 months from birth and beyond for as long as mutually
desired by mother and child. But your baby benefits from any amount of
breast-feeding you can do.
Benefits of Breastfeeding
- Breast milk is the most complete form of nutrition for infants. A mother's
milk has just the right amount of fat, sugar, water, and protein that
is needed for a baby's growth and development.
- As a result, breastfed infants grow exactly the way they should. This may
result in being less overweight later in life.
- Premature babies do better when breastfed compared to premature babies
who are fed formula.
- Breastfed babies score slightly higher on IQ tests, especially babies who
were born prematurely.
- Nursing uses up extra calories, making it easier to lose the pounds of
pregnancy. It also helps the uterus to get back to its original size and
lessens any bleeding a woman may have after giving birth.
- Breastfeeding lowers the risk of breast and ovarian cancers, and possibly
the risk of hip fractures and osteoporosis after menopause.
- Breastfeeding makes your life easier. It saves time and money. You do not
have to purchase, measure, and mix formula. There are no bottles to warm
in the middle of the night!
- Breastfeeding can help a mother to bond with her baby. Physical contact
is important to newborns and can help them feel more secure.
Find more at
We are located at The Nursery Nook, 400 W. Mineral King, Visalia, CA, in
the Mother Baby Unit, 3rd floor of the Acequia Wing.
Phone: (559) 624.6012.
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
All rentals are subject to the local tax.
Features and Benefits:
- Hospital Grade
- Long Term Daily Use
- Double or Single Pump
- Multi-User, with personal double pumping system
- Leading electric breastpump used by hospitals, rental stations and DME’s worldwide
- Built-in vacuum release protects moms against excessive or prolonged suction
- Ideal for initiating and sustaining milk supply
- Features automatic suck and release for ease of use and efficiency
- Lightweight and portable for moms who work or travel
- Vehicle lighter power options for versatility
- Safe for the collection, storage and feeding of breastmilk
- Chosen for you and your baby - All parts that come into contact with breastmilk
are BPA/DEHP Free.
Please note: Pumping both breasts at the same time cuts pumping time in
half, and can help increase your milk supply. See video below.
Maximizing Milk Production
A recent study done at Stanford University showed that moms who use their
hands while pumping can obtain twice the milk supply as "passive"
pumpers. See a video demonstration at:
Download Our Breastfeeding Policy