Kaweah Delta Partners With Rawhide On July 1 Promotion For Expectant Mothers
VISALIA – Kaweah Delta Health Care District has partnered with the
Visalia Rawhide on “Red, White & Due: A Day Dedicated to Expectant
Mothers,” on Friday, July 1.
The promotion will celebrate expectant mothers with a free ticket to watch
the game in the Rawhide’s air-conditioned Hall of Fame. The promotion
will take place during the Friday, July 1, 7 p.m. game vs. the San Jose
Giants. The first pitch will be thrown out by Meredith Alvarado, an RN
on Kaweah Delta’s Mother-Baby Unit. In coming months, Alvarado and
husband Anthony will welcome their third son.
The details of Red, White & Due include:
- Making a Debut: Expectant mothers will be encouraged to submit their baseball-themed
photos via Rawhide & Kaweah Delta social media sites to enter themselves
for a chance to win a free Baby Shower at the Ballpark’s Hall of
Fame Club facility. Entries must be received by Wednesday, June 29 at
11:59 p.m.; details listed on both organizations’ social media sites.
- On Deck: The first 100 expecting moms at the game will receive a free baseball-themed onesie.
- Adding to the Lineup: All expecting mothers get free seating in the Hall
of Fame Club AC during the game.
- Little Peanut: Discounted bags of peanuts for sale.
- Annnnnd the Delivery: If a woman goes into labor at the game, her child
receives free Rawhide birthday parties for life.
The partnership was borne out of the fact that four women in the “Rawhide
Family” are expecting babies in July (three of which are expected
to deliver at Kaweah Delta Medical Center. Those expecting include:
- Team General Manager Jennifer Pendergraft and her boyfriend Clayton Reynolds,
due July 9.
- Assistant General Manager Charlie Saponara and his wife Brynn are expecting
their second child on July
- Rawhide Athletic Trainer Chad Moeller and his wife Vanessa are expecting
their first child on July 2.
- And, Rawhide Catcher Tyler Baker and his wife Brooke who are expecting
on July 29.
All of them are expecting boys.
“True to Minor League Baseball style, we decided this coincidence
was something worthy of a quirky promotion,” Pendergraft said. “We’re
all excited about the new challenges to come – we’re not blind
to how terrible the timing is for our work schedules – but at the
same time it’s going to be really neat to go through this experience
all together. So I approached Kaweah Delta about helping us with a game
promotion to help us commemorate this special event in Rawhide history,
and they were incredibly generous with their assistance!”
In addition to the festivities, Kaweah Delta will have information on everything
from childbirth classes to new dads’ classes available at the game.
Labor and delivery nurses will also be on hand to answer any questions.
Kaweah Delta will also host a photo booth in the Hall of Fame Club, and
a raffle drawing with tons of great mommy-to-be prizes.