Honors & Accreditations
Kaweah Delta’s Official Recognitions
In the 60 years Kaweah Delta has served Tulare County, we continuously
strive to improve the quality of healthcare we provide our community.
These efforts have been well received by both patients and peers alike,
and our facility has received numerous honors in recognition of our progress.
Each of these awards stand as a testament to our commitment to bring quality
care to our community.
Healthgades Awards - For its analysis, Healthgrades evaluated approximately 45 million Medicare
inpatient records for nearly 4,500 short-term acute care hospitals nationwide
to assess hospital performance in 32 common conditions and procedures,
and evaluate outcomes in appendectomy and bariatric surgery using all-payer
data provided by 17 states. Healthgrades recognizes a hospital’s
quality achievements for cohort-specific performance, specialty area performance,
and overall clinical quality. Individual procedure or condition cohorts
are designated as 5-star (statistically significantly better than expected),
3-star (not statistically different from expected) and 1-star (statistically
significantly worse than expected) categories. The complete Healthgrades
2018 Report to the Nation and detailed study methodology, can be found
Recent awards include the following:
- America's 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery™ in 2018
- America's 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery™ in 2018
- Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award™ 2 Years in a Row (2017-2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Coronary Bypass Surgery for 2 Years in a Row (2017-2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack for 2 Years in a Row
- Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™ in 2018
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Orthopedic Surgery in 2018
- Five-Star Recipient for Knee Replacement in 2018
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment 2 Years in a Row (2017-2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke for 4 Years in a Row (2015-2018)
- Pulmonary Care Excellence Award™ for 5 Years in a Row (2014-2018)
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Pulmonary Services for
5 Years in a Row (2014-2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia for 5 Years in a Row (2014-2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Esophageal/Stomach Surgeries 2 Years in a Row (2017-2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for 6 Years in a Row (2013-2018)
Labor and Delivery
- Five-Star Recipient for Vaginal Delivery in 2017
- Five-Star Recipient for C-Section Delivery in 2017
Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology - Kaweah Delta Medical Center has been accredited as a Center of
Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology (also known as COEMIG) and
in Robotic Surgery by the AAGL and Surgical Review Corporation. The Center
of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology and in Robotic Surgery
was developed to recognize surgeons and facilities worldwide for achieving
defined standards for patient safety and care quality. The COEMIG program
was implemented to help expand awareness of and access to minimally invasive
gynecological procedures for women, which are now available to treat the
majority of pelvic health disorders.
4-Star Rating from CMS – The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has recognized
us with their highest overall hospital quality rating among hospitals
in Tulare and King counties, and the 2nd highest rating among hospitals in Fresno County. This award is ranked
based on 64 quality measures regarding the facility’s ability to
treat various conditions.
Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award - In May of 2017, Kaweah Delta Health Care District received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke
Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award. The award recognizes the hospital’s
commitment and success in ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate
treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines
based on the latest scientific evidence.
Joint Commission – We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission. This is a leading accreditation
organization that conducts unannounced surveys and expectations of a hospital
at least once in a 39 month period. Accreditation lasts for 3 years before renewal.
HRSA Workplace Partnership for Life - Platinum Award - Kaweah Delta Health Care District was among a select group of hospitals
nationwide recognized for promoting enrollment in state organ donor registries
in a national campaign sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and
Human Services’ Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).
The campaign has added more than 400,000 donor enrollments to state registries
Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction+ - We have been awarded this highly prestigious designation for our expertise
in quality health care. Review for this award involves detailed examination
of specialty care units like cardiac care. Recipients have proven their
ability to provide highly efficient and effective treatments.
Foster G. McGaw Prize – We were given this honor for exceptional community service work.
It is one of the most coveted and significant honors in health care.