Specialists Dedicated to Treating Back & Neck Pain in the Central Valley
Neck and back pain are both common medical conditions and can happen daily. However, chronic neck or back pain that lasts for 12 weeks or longer is reason to meet with one of the neurosurgeons or neurospine experts at Kaweah Delta. Neck or back pain that lasts for an extended period of time may indicate a more serious medical issue.
If you are tired of chronic neck or back pain prohibiting you from leading a happy, healthy life, schedule an appointment with one of the specialists at Kaweah Delta Health Care District.
When to See a Doctor for Your Neck or Back Pain
We recommend visiting a physician if your neck or back pain:
- Persists for several days
- Spreads down to your arms or legs
- Comes with tingling, numbness or headaches
- Is severe and affects your quality of life
Common Causes of Neck & Back Pain
There are various factors that can cause chronic neck pain, including:
- Joint overuse
- Muscle strains
- Nerve compression
- Rheumatoid arthritis, meningitis or other diseases
- Injuries that strain the soft neck tissues
- Chronic back pain can be caused by:
- Muscle or ligament strains
- Arthritis or osteoporosis
- Bulging or ruptured discs
- Scoliosis or other conditions that cause your spine to curve abnormally
Treatment Options for Neck & Back Pain at Kaweah Delta
When you visit Kaweah Delta for help treating your neck or back pain, our physicians may recommend the following treatment options, depending on the extent of your condition:
- Muscle relaxants
- Narcotics such as hydrocodone or codeine
- Cortisone injections
- Topical pain relievers
- Physical therapy
At Kaweah Delta, we make it our goal to diagnose and treat your neck or back pain as quickly as possible so that you can get back to leading a pain-free, happy life. Schedule a consultation with your primary care doctor or click HERE for a list of neurosurgeons in the area.
In Visalia, for quick and reliable treatment, turn to Kaweah Delta’s surgical team and local neurosurgeons to provide excellent treatment of chronic back or neck pain for patients from Visalia, Hanford, Tulare, Porterville, Fresno, Bakersfield and surrounding areas.