The Respiratory Care Department at Kaweah Delta Medical Center provides services from the emergency department to home care instruction. Our respiratory care practitioners provide complete cardio-pulmonary assessment, therapy, education and training for patients with breathing disorders and work with patients on an inpatient and outpatient basis to provide the best quality care. Respiratory Care oversees all oxygen therapy for patients at Kaweah Delta Medical Center and our therapists work closely with all other ancillary services including discharge planning to ensure that patients are comfortable with their care throughout their hospital stay as well as when they return home.
Inpatient Respiratory Services:
- Life support systems
- Oximetry - single, trending and nocturnal
- Arterial blood gas evaluation
- Nebulizer therapy
- Pre-op and post-op teaching
- Chest physical therapy
- Comprehensive assessment of respiratory care needs in acute, subacute and home care.
- Comprehensive pulmonary testing