When children are not feeling well, we help them get better at
Kaweah Delta Medical Center. With a 12-bed pediatric unit on site, we offer growing
families in our community the very finest in health care for their children,
from birth through adolescence.
Our Visiting Policy
- Visiting Hours: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., daily
- Parents or a patient's designed caregiver are issued two orange visitor badges which allow them to visit 24 hours a day (after 9 p.m. orange badges are required for readmission). They are encouraged to stay with the child and take an active role in their care.
Additional visitors may enter the unit with the following considerations:
- Visits occur before 9 p.m.
- For infection prevention, visitation for patients in isolation may be limited at the nurse's discretion.
- Children under the age of 13 are permitted to visit pediatrics, but must stay in the patient's room (except during respiratory and flu season)
- During respiratory and flu season (Oct. 1-March 31 unless otherwise advised) children under the age of 13 are not permitted.
Our pediatric unit is located on the third floor on the east
side of Kaweah Delta Medical Center. To enter our pediatric unit, take the
elevators just north of the entrance to Kaweah Delta Medical Center’s Mineral
King Wing located at 400 W. Mineral King Ave. Our unit is located just north of
the elevators on the right side of the hallway; please use the call box to
notify our nursing staff that you have arrived.
Our staff understands and connects with children in a way
that they can understand and that families can appreciate. It all happens under
the watchful eye of pediatric hospitalists, who are in-house and readily
available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week thanks to our pediatric hospitalist
What’s a Pediatric
It’s a pediatrician who works primarily in a hospital.
A Better Stay With Play
And what would a pediatric unit be without a 24-hour-a-day
playroom? Our playroom is stocked with everything from toys
to books thanks to generous donations and community support. To make our
patients feel at home, and their families feel welcome, our rooms are equipped
with bench seats and refrigerators for visiting families.
The clinical aspects of Maternal Child Health Services are complemented by a variety of prenatal and pediatric education classes for the community.