Kaweah Delta Health Care District NICU:
- 15 bed Community NICU, designated by California Children’s Services providing care for infants as early as 26 weeks gestation.
- 8 bed Neonatal Intermediate Care Beds
- 2 private, developmentally-friendly rooms for advanced care and family bonding.
- Neonatoligist/Pediatric Hospitalist on site 24/7
- Advance monitoring and communications system, cycled lighting with noise precautions to reduce stress and enhance infant biological rhythms.
- Equipped with the latest advancements in respiratory care. The most common need of a newborn in the NICU is respiratory support due to prematurity, pneumonia, transient tachypnea of the newborn and sepsis. Such support includes:
- Conventional Ventilators
- & High Flow Nasal Cannula
- Ability to perform ROP screening with the use of Telemedicine.
- Central and Peripheral lines/IV nutrition
- Late Pre-term Infant Program
Kaweah Delta Health Care District’s NICU interdisciplinary team
- 2 CCS-Paneled Neonatologists
- 6 CCS-Paneled Pediatric Hospitalist
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Dedicated Respiratory Care Practitioner’s 24/7
- CCS-Paneled Medical Social Workers
- CCS-Paneled Clinical Registered Dietitian
- CCS-Paneled Occupational/Physical/Speech Therapist
- Dedicated Developmental care nurse
- Certified Lactation Counselors who provide lactation assistance
Kaweah Delta Health Care District’s NICU by the numbers
- 678 admissions in 2015
- 4500 total births in 2015