What is an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)?
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a free confidential, professional services available for those times when your personal problems seem to be taking control of your life and job performance. If needed, EAP may suggest additional resources.
Who is eligible?
You and your family members are eligible to receive assistance and counseling through EAP. Eligible family members include spouses, birth, adopted and step children through age 19 (age 24 if qualified as a dependent).
How can EAP help me?
EAP provides problem evaluation, referral, and short-term intervention services for help in dealing with issues such as:
- Stress, anxiety, depression
- Divorce and separation
- Conflict in the workplace
- Care of elderly parents
- Alcohol or drug concerns
- Parent-child issues
- Family/relationship concerns
- Grief and loss
- Financial problems
- Life change
- Domestic abuse
Is it confidential?
EAP services are confidential and your right to privacy is rigidly protected. When you seek assistance, no one will be told that you are using the program. All applicable federal and state regulations concerning confidentiality of mental health and chemical dependency records are followed. The release of any information, including whether or not treatment occurred, can be authorized only by written consent of the patient or the patient's legal representative.
How do I use EAP?
- Call 1 (800) 784-CALL or (559) 624-6027 to make an appointment. You will be asked to briefly describe your problem, including your assessment of the situation.
- An appointment will be made with a licensed professional counselor at your convenience.
- Counseling services are available by phone consultation or by in-person appointments.
- EAP counselors are licensed specialists who have been carefully selected for their professional experience, reputation and expertise. Every member of our panel is a licensed social worker, psychologist or marriage, family and child counselor. EAP makes every attempt to select a counselor for you who will meet your needs and with whom you will feel comfortable.