A qualified applicant to the Emergency Medicine Residency Program will meet the following requirements:
- Completed ERAS Application
- USMLE Step 1 score of 210 (D.O. candidates must also take the USMLE Step 1 exam even if they have taken the COMLEX Step 1 exam)
- Three Letters of Recommendation written or updated (by original author) within the last calendar year, two of which must be Standard Letters of Evaluation (SLOE) or Letters of Recommendation from ED Faculty
- Medical School transcript
- Dean's Letter
- Personal Statement
- Graduation from a Medical School recognized by the State of California within the last two years
Should you meet the above criteria, we encourage you to apply to our program through ERAS as we begin accepting applications in the fall. Interviews are scheduled every Thursday (except Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve), starting in November and ending the last Thursday in January.
Please note that we are not:
- Accepting applicants with prior US GME experience (due to CMS policies regarding newly accredited teaching institutions)
- Offering observership positions
While a firm application deadline has not been set, it is preferred that completed applications be received no later than January 1. If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact the program coordinator at email@example.com.