The Kaweah Delta Health Care District's Emergency Medicine Program welcomed its first class of 6 residents on July 1, 2013. Due to the wonderful unopposed learning that comes with a new graduate medical education program, our residents have had amazing experiences in their first few months of training. Kaweah Delta Medical Center attracts patients from all the neighboring communities and the hospital's commitment to creating an ever-improving learning environment makes our institution an ideal site to train in Emergency Medicine.
In November 2015, the ACGME approved our request to increase the number of residents accepted into each class to 10 residents per year. In April 2016, the ACGME awarded our program Continued Accreditation for 10 years.
Some of our strengths:
- 90,000+ annual ED visits
- Level 3 Trauma Center with dedicated surgical hospitalists and a brand new helipad
- An expert core and clinical ED faculty
- An extensive medical simulation lab -- the largest in the region and has the latest 3G Sim Man
- Research and medical writing opportunities and expertise
- Cutting edge ED advances: scribes, rapid medical evaluation system, mid-level providers, comprehensive ED and in-patient electronic health records
- ED faculty fully integrated into hospital and medical staff leadership (prior Chief of Staff, current hospital Board of Trustees, P&T, Credentials, and more)
- New ultrasound machines and state-of-the-art learning facilities
- 24/7 ED Pharmacists for codes, procedural sedation and treatment protocols
- Collaborative opportunities with our academic affiliate -- University of California, Irvine
- And we're still building!
Linda Herman, MD
Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director
We are proud to announce that Kaweah Delta Medical Center has received an A in hospital safety by Leapfrog for the Fall 2016 Hospital Safety Score. This gold standard rating for patient safety indicates how well hospitals protect patients from accidents, errors, and injuries, as well as considers patient satisfaction. An "A" from Leapfrog, the nation`s leading patient safety experts, recognizes the consistent improvements made in quality of care and patient safety.